This is a common question that business owners ask. Below I list 5 steps you can take in your organization to optimize and improve your current processes:
1. Define your current processes.
2. Highlight the processes which you believe currently are not efficient or optimal in your organization.
3. Use a technique such as fishbone analysis or 5 w + h to determine the root cause of the inefficiencies.
4. Find alternative solutions that can address the inefficiencies. Most of the times the solutions will involve technological recommendations and process changes.
5. implement the recommendations.
These five steps can be done in-house or you can always hire a IT Consultant to complete the task.