IT companies offer various levels of service which typically include hardware and software support. Some additional services that traditional IT companies do not offer include:
- IT Consulting
– Workflow Analysis
– Custom Software development
– Custom Web development
Why are these additional services important? Because typically companies do not operate more efficiently just by having the right support team in place. A company also needs strategic direction for their IT infrastructure and investments. These strategic decisions are the ones that prepare and help the organization arrive at future growth. Some strategic moves include:
- Develop software that is tailored to a unique business model.
- Migrate line of business applications to the cloud.
- Integrate applications from various departments to work as one.
- Prepare the organization and business model for the mobile era.
Bottom line, IT companies need to do a shift and provide the levels of service that their clients need to operate more efficiently and produce growth with technology.